The deadline for submissions of abstracts, thematic panel proposals, and book panel proposals to be considered for the 2014 ASCP annual conference has been extended.
**The new deadline is Friday 3 October 2014 **
The Australasian Society for Continental Philosophy aims to provide a broad intellectual forum for professional academics and postgraduates researching topics in Contemporary European philosophy, and it is the premier reference point for people working within the diverse fields of Continental/European Philosophy in the Australasian region.
Keynote addresses by:
- Lee Braver (University of South Florida)
- Kevin Hart (University of Virginia, and Australian Catholic University)
- Marguerite La Caze (University of Queensland)
- Genevieve Lloyd (Emeritus, University of New South Wales)
- Andreas Vrahimis (University of Cyprus)
Call for Papers
We invite proposals for papers for the 2014 ASCP annual conference at ACU in the broadly-defined field of Continental Philosophy. Proposals from postgraduate students are very welcome.
All non-plenary papers will be allocated 45-minute sessions (25-30 minute presentation, allowing 15-20 minutes for discussion).
Papers that are linked thematically (e.g., devoted to the work of a particular thinker or a particular philosophical problem/issue) will be scheduled within a conference stream.
Submissions are especially encouraged in the following potential streams:
- Continental Philosophy of Religion
- European Philosophy and the Legacy of the Great War (The Analytic-Continental divide in historical perspective)
- Naturalism and the Transcendental
- Phenomenology, the Real, and Thinking the Unthinkable
- Philosophical Moods and their Metaphilosophical Significance
- The Metaphysics of the Event
The deadline for the submission of conference abstracts has been extended to Friday 3 October 2014. Confirmation of selection will follow shortly.
Abstracts should be 200 words in length, and submitted to email@example.com .
Call for Panels
We also invite proposals for thematic and book panels:
- Proposals for thematic panels should include: a panel title; a 200 word outline of the theme to be addressed; two or three proposed speakers; and preferably, a chair.
- Proposals for book panels are also welcome. Books must have been published within the last two years. Proposals should include the author; two or three commentators on the book; and preferably a chair.
To submit a proposal for a thematic or book panel, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for the submission of panel proposals has been extended to Friday 3 October 2014. Confirmation of selection will follow shortly. (NB: even if your paper is part of a panel, you still need to submit your paper proposal as above, indicating the panel title in the relevant field.)
Please visit the conference website (www.acu.edu.au/ascp2014 ) for:
- Conference Registration: The registration portal is now open. (NB: acceptance of a paper for the conference is conditional upon the payment of registration fees in a timely manner prior to the conference.)
- Campus Maps and Orientation, and transport information
- Accommodation options close to ACU’s Melbourne campus
After the conference there will be a call for submissions for a special ASCP conference issue of Parrhesia: A Journal of Critical Philosophy.
For further information, please email email@example.com .
On behalf of the ASCP Conference Organising Committee:
Richard Colledge (Chair)
Fatih Erol Tuncer (Project Officer)
Wojciech Kaftanski (postgrad rep)
To download the conference flyer, click here  [PDF].