We here announce the arrival of our sister institution in the United States as well as the inaugural conference entitled “Church & Academy: Deepening our Dialogue”:
The Methexis Institute,  based in Charlottesville, Virginia.
“Methexis means participation. Our sharing and exchanging with each other and with the natural world is rooted in our sharing in and symbolization of God. This is the basis for any true cultural order, without which, as we see today, society falls apart and the environment is severely damaged. The Methexis Institute is committed to upholding and restoring this order.”
– John Milbank
CHURCH & ACADEMY:
DEEPENING OUR DIALOGUE
APRIL 4 & 5, 2019
ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
The Methexis Institute’s inaugural conference initiates an effort to deepen the dialogue between Church and academy – seeking clarity and generativity. Leading clergy, laity, and scholars from different backgrounds and areas of expertise will gather to interact (formally and informally) and explore ways to bring more Church into our scholarship and more scholarship into our Church – disclosing wisdom through the Church and beauty in the world.
- John Milbank (The Methexis Institute)
- Revd Dr Graham Ward (Oxford University)
- Revd Canon Simon Oliver (Durham University)
- Alison Milbank (University of Nottingham)
- David Bentley Hart (Notre Dame)
- Ken Myers (Mars Hill Audio)
- Revd Dr Peter Leithart (Theopolis Institute)
- Johannes Hoff (University of London)
- William Desmond (Villanova University)
- Revd Dr Andrew Davison (Cambridge University)
- Thomas Pfau (Duke University)
- Michael Northcott (University of Edinburgh)
For more information about the conference and for details on how to register, click here .
See the conference schedule here .